Tuesday 7 August 2012

Windmill in Holland

The windmills of Kinderdijk or “Child’s Dike” comes from a story taking place during the flood of 1421. It is said that someone saw a cradle floating in the flood with a cat rocking it. When they fished the cradle out near the dike, they found a found baby inside with cat. After that , "Child's Dike"was named. Windmill shape often appear in my childhood cartoon, I never see a real windmill before but I decided must travel there at least once in my life when I was primary school. During high-school period, I learned the knowledge of windmill's usage but I lost the enthusiasm of travelling to Holland because the windmills only refer to science and technology nothing beyond than that. In recent, I done some research of windmills, it is superbly awesome architecture. It is full of historical culture and the the great brilliant idea in the windmills. I almost forget the little dream in my childhood memory. I very appreciate to the cultural in every historical thingy, the nimbus of the history always attract me. I will fulfill my dream after I prepare enough. Holland, wait for me, I will see you in my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment